Steelers-Ravens what more could the NFL ask for in the AFC Championship game but the 2 best defenses in the league. I'm taking the Steelers not just because I'm a yinzer and a die hard Pittsburgh fan, but I think the Steelers are the best of the 4 teams left and them making it to the Super Bowl is a lock.
HERE WE GO STEELERS
There isn't much going on with the Pens now, Wallace was sent down to the Baby Pens. Shero supposedly told the team in Colorado that there will not be any big trades coming up and/or a coaching change and that everything will fall on the players. Which I full heartedly disagree with because Shero should be taking some of the blame since he is the one that assembled this team, and he was not prepared for life without Marian Hossa, there was no back up plan and it is starting to show. Here are some stats I dug up on the Penguins recent losing woes since November 22.
• 15.5 percent on the power play (16-for-103).
• 76.4 percent on the penalty kill (81-of-106).
• 83 goals surrendered for a 3.46 goals-against average.
• 719 shots allowed for an average of 30 per game and a .886 save percentage.
• More than two goals scored in just 13 games (52.2 percent), compared to 18 games with more than two goals allowed (75 percent).